Indoor Air Quality Services in San Antonio
San Antonio Indoor Air Quality Services
Elmer’s Air Conditioning and Plumbing knows how important your indoor air quality (IAQ) is. High levels of dust, allergens, pollen, mold, and particulates can have wide ranging effects on you and your family. People spend up to 90% of their time inside (per Environmental Protection Agency estimates) and pollutants can be more highly concentrated indoors. Fortunately, you can depend on our trained technicians to provide air quality testing and other IAQ services.
We provide a wide range if indoor air quality services for our San Antonio customers. From testing and air duct sealing to installing various products that address air pollution in your home, we are always thorough and on time. Our employees are extensively trained in addressing the individual needs of our customers. They’re held up to our high service standards when it comes to honesty, quality of parts and supplies, and your comfort and health.
Symptoms of Poor Indoor Air Quality
You may have air quality issues in your home or building if you or another occupant suffers from:
- Respiratory infections
- Sore throat
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Sinus congestion
- General allergies
- Ear infections
- Dry skin
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty sleeping
How Can I Improve the Indoor Air Quality in My Home?
Indoor air quality isn’t only affected by particles and other contaminants. Other factors include temperature, ventilation, and humidity. Before installing IAQ products, it’s best to take steps that promote better air quality, as these systems will work much better. Here are some things you can do to get started:
- Clean or change air filters as recommended; HVAC equipment will work more efficiently.
- Inspect air ducts for dust and dander buildup; pollutants can easily recirculate into your home.
- Lower the humidity; that can improve comfort, prevent damaging condensation, and impede mold growth.
- Clean carpets and rugs; dust and dirt caught in fibers can be released into the air.
- Use vents while cooking; they remove smoke and airborne toxins, while keeping your kitchen cooler.
Indoor Air Quality Services We Offer
f you have known IAQ issues or unexplained symptoms, our air quality specialists can visit and thoroughly assess your home. Trained technicians will help determine what kinds of services and solutions are needed. You can therefore depend on us for IAQ services such as:
Air Quality Testing:
At Elmer’s Air Conditioning and Plumbing, we have the tools and equipment to check for common sources of indoor air pollution, including Volatile Organic Compounds, construction materials, mold, pesticides, asbestos, cleaning products, and radon. All samples are laboratory tested with a high degree of accuracy. We’ll not only find what is polluting the air in your home; we can also determine how much of it there is and where it’s coming from.
Air Duct Sealing:
Leaking ducts can lose 30% of the air circulating in your home. In addition to straining the HVAC system and increasing the humidity level, leaks also allow in all kinds of pollution. Sealing leak points and repairing cracks resolves leakage and any issues it causes. In addition, we can provide airflow testing to check how your HVAC system is performing in terms of temperature, humidity, and airflow pressure.
Air Duct Cleaning:
Ductwork can become very unsanitary. Dust, dirt, mold, pet hair, pollen, and other contaminants can build up inside ducts, clog up HVAC components, restrict airflow, and continuously circulate throughout the rooms in your home. Air duct cleaning allows the system to run more efficiently and can alleviate the symptoms of indoor air quality issues.
IAQ Products We Offer
Maintaining excellent IAQ also requires having products that continue to keep your indoor air clean and healthy to breathe. At Elmer’s Air Conditioning and Plumbing, we provide some of the top IAQ products on the market, including:
- Air Cleaners: A knowledgeable technician will evaluate your home to determine the best type and size of air cleaner to install. Efficiency is based on how many cubic feet the system is designed for. Call today to learn more about our air cleaners.
- Air Purifiers: These air quality appliances include smaller units and whole-house indoor air purification systems that eliminate nearly all airborne particles, bacteria, and viruses. They also remove chemical, vapor, and mold and mildew odors.
- UV Lights: A UV light air purifier continuously draws in air, destroys microorganisms with strong UV light, and blows clean air back into the room. The wavelength used destroys bacteria and viruses at the molecular level but is not harmful to humans.
- Air Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: The best indoor humidity level is from 35% to 45%. If humidity is too low, the air will be too dry; if it’s too high, moisture can lead to condensation and mold. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers can keep the moisture in your home at an ideal level.
- Ventilators:Home ventilation systems can get rid of humid, stuffy air indoors and bring in fresh air from outside. High-end systems sense the temperature and humidity inside to determine how to operate, which also provides energy efficiency.
Contact Elmer’s Air Conditioning and Plumbing for All Your Air Quality Needs
Our technicians are trained to assess your indoor air quality needs and provide IAQ services and products that let you live comfortably and healthy. Request service to receive air quality testing, have air cleaners installed, or learn more about our air purification systems. To get started, reach out to us online or call 210-333-5637 for service in the San Antonio area.